Sunday, July 18, 2010

Meet Diego

If you've been following my blog, you probably already know that I'm addicted to sweets and Bath and Body Works, I love being artsy and creative, and I'm a girly sports fan.  

I would like to add "Cat Lover" to the list of things you must know about me.
I have a 4 year old yellow & white tom housecat named Diego:

(Left - Diego & I, summer '06; Right, Diego & I, summer '10)

He was given to me as a wedding gift from my lovely girlfriends.  They adopted him for me on the night of my bachelorette "festivities".

He has been a part of my little Snyder family ever since June 2006, and his needs, wants, and demands have always come first in our little family of three!

He is HUGE.  He weighs around 30 pounds and is nearly 4.5 feet in length when stretched out.  His head is big, his paws are big, his tail is long, and his gut is super chunky.  There's a whole lotta CAT to love!


He prefers Yeeowww! Catnip and Meow Mix Party Mix treats.  His favorite hobbies include: playing rat receiver, napping, trash-talking, bird watching, and nibbling on human toes. He isn't much of a cuddler, but he likes to be in the same room with his humans, shuffling around, furring up the furniture and voicing his opinions in little "mews" and "meeps".  


My fuzzy feline is my world! He feels like a best friend - I've humanized him way more than anyone should ever humanize a pet - but to me, he's a person, too! He can sense excitement, sadness, trying times and good times - he's always there, invested in everything going on.   Like most cats, he has his finicky moments, and sometimes prefers to be left alone.  Regardless of his kitty mood, his face is always sweet and heart-melting.


I've always been a cat lover, but having my very own pet in my own home for the past few years has intensified my love for animals in the strongest way! 



I felt the need to introduce Diego to my blog family - he is just as much a part of my life as my husband, my mom, and my chocolate addiction...


Seriously... how could anyone resist his little cat face?  

post signature

6 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! Diego is great!

Bree said...

Wow! I thought my old 17lb cat was big haha

Miranda said...

I love his "frisky" look in his baby picture! I can't believe he's 30 pounds!! Do you know you're making me have cat envy?? ha ha I've ALWAYS wanted a BIG cat.. but all my kitties have been small :-(

I hope to hear more about Diego!

Faith said...

our cats look like twins! :)

Amy said...

HOLY KITTY CAT!

I though my fella that wormed his way into our home in Dec was a big boy. He weighs 14 pounds.

Heck, he's a tiny kitten compared to Diego!

Gorgeous son you have there ;-)

Katie | FashionFrugality.com said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie pie! And he is SO big! My cat is only around 7 months old but he is well on his way to being that same size, I think!

That was SO sweet of your girlfriends to adopt him for you! What a great gift and memory!!