Friday, July 30, 2010

It's Vacation Time!

{via}

Today is my last day @ the office before my fabulous, well-deserved vacation week! The Hubs and I are packed, arrangements are all set for my cat sitter, I've picked out my beach reads and the iPod is ready!   

Mariam @ Mon Style De Vie tagged me in a little question/answer game, so I have to thank her for making my Friday post a piece of cake (my brain is already on vacation!) Mariam is new to the blogging world, but she's ready to share her love for fashion with the world, so check her out!  Her blog is where I first learned that Madonna & her daughter, Lourdes, were coming out with their own 80's-inspired clothing line, which is way too cool!

The rules are to answer the following 8 questions, then make up 8 of your own questions and tag some of my blogging pals to join in the fun!

1. What current style do you think will end up being a fad?
I'm a fan, but I think the Fit Flops/ Sketchers Shape Ups will eventually fade away, kinda like light-up sneakers did! (However, I thought I saw a kid wearing them the other day.  Are light ups back?!?)

2. What's your guilty pleasure?
Dark Chocolate.  Milk Chocolate. Chocolatey things.  And Bath & Body Works

3. What made you decide to start a blog?
Too much flowing through my little brain... I had to get it out! 

4. Favourite Past time
Reading, being artsy/craftsy, relaxing and chatting with my husband.

5. Do you have a job or are you a student?
I used to be a student - how I miss those days!  I work full time for a drug, alcohol, & mental health tx agency.

6. Favourite Chocolate Bar/Candy?
m&ms! Plain, Peanut Butter, Pretzel, doesn't matter!

7. Money/Love?
Love, for sure.  I don't have a whole lot of money (see question 5) so I don't miss it! I would definitely miss having Love in my life. 

8. Favourite Music & Movie Genre?
Music - this is so hard to pick, I will say "Pop/Rock" 70% of the time.
Movies - I'm drawn to comedies/romantic comedies (I LOVE "Definitely, Maybe!") I like a little bit of everything, though!
 
 
And now, the 8 questions I made up, along with the lovely ladies I tagged:
1. You have $100 to spend on a fun present for yourself.  What are you going to buy?
2. Accomplishment you're most proud of?
3. What is your favorite smell?
4. Your dream car?
5. Favorite Season?
6. What's your favorite way to relax?
7. What was your favorite candy as a kid?
8. It's a cold winter day, you're home alone. What now?
 
Tagged:
 
I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!  I am looking forward to a couple days of relaxation before heading off to the beach for even more relaxation :)
I'm going to be reading Richard Russo's That Old Cape Magic, and Jennifer Weiner's Best Friends Forever while i'm bumming it up at Myrtle. I've read several of Russo's novels, but this is my first Jennifer Weiner read!  I'm looking forward to trying out a new author.   
 

Judging by the book covers, they look like perfect summer reads!


Happy Friday!

Welcome to all of those stopping by from
friday-follow 



post signature

14 comments:

Ron Cooper said...

Happy vacation, Stephanie!

I’m following you from Follow Me, Chickadee Friday. Please follow me back on my blog “Inspire!”

Ron

http://inspiredbyron.blogspot.com/

Lacey said...

Hi, I'm following back! Enjoy the vacation...lucky you! Let me know what you think of your beach reads. I've been eyeing Best Friends for awhile.

Ms. Emmy N said...

Cute post! I love romantic comedies too! And still need to try those pretzel M&Ms, they sound so good!!

Have a great vaca, and thanks for sharing the cute story about you and your hubby :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have fun!!! You better take tons of pictures!!

Brittany said...

ooo oooo ooo! I want to do this! :) I will try and get to it this week! :)

Emily - faliLV said...

Following back! Have fun on Vacation! I am jealous that picture alone makes me want to be on a beach reading!
Emily
www.familyandlifeinlasvegas.blogspot.com

The Girly Tomboy said...

Have a fun vacation! I look forward to hearing your thoughts about those books - they look good!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...

Hello! Thanks for the follow ;) Following you back and sounds like you have an awesome few days ahead! Enjoy them!!

Ria @ Life as a Wife! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheila said...

I'm one of your newest follower from Friendly Friday Follow!

http://runninlateagain.blogspot.com

Aimee said...

Woot yay for the beach and vacation time. I am so jealous of you! My boyfriend and I both recently started new jobs so we probably wont get to take a long vacation for another year. Anyway, Im sure you will have a great time.

Light up sneakers are semi back in but I have noticed it more on kids that come from lower income families. Light ups are the shit...


Definitely Maybe is a GREAT GREAT movie! I love rom coms too. Do you like zom rom coms?

Cameron said...

I also love Definitely, Maybe!! Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorites & I love Isla Fisher! I am a sucker for a romantic comedy.

Mariam Hakim said...

Thanks for answering this:)) Have a great vacation! x

Faith said...

Have a great time!!!! I so need a vacay too!