Thursday, July 15, 2010

"Safe Haven" by Nicholas Sparks

Maybe I've missed the boat somehow, but I just found out that Nicholas Sparks' newest book will be released in bookstores nationwide on September 14th!  "Safe Haven" sounds like a great love story, as is usual with Sparks' novels. 

I first got into Nicholas Sparks' books last summer. In fact, it was around this time last year that I decided to jump on the NS bandwagon.  All of my closest girl friends and female family members were completely smitten with Sparks' writing, and I didn't understand all of the fuss. I hate feeling out of the loop, so I spent my July 4th holiday weekend reading, then later watching, the super popular Nights in Rodanthe. I was hopelessly hooked!  Hopelessly hooked led to feverishly hooked, and by the end of the summer, I had read every single Nicholas Sparks novel, cried buckets of tears, and  diagnosed myself temporarily with every form of terminal illness that NS's characters suffered from - because there's almost always at least one important character that's sick and dying. I watched all of the movies, too - which, i.m.o., are nowhere as near as good as the books (I think most Nicholas Sparks fans will agree - just too much detail in the books to be covered in a screenplay!)  The movies were fun too, though - my favorite was the Notebook, followed by A Walk to Remember (which was a completely disgusting snotty nosed sobfest of an experience! Ugh... how heartbreaking!) 
I'll never forget my summer with Nicholas Sparks. There's just something cozy, calming, and heart warming about his writing - it's easy to understand, it flows well, and the books never take more than a few days to read.  I also love that his novels are set in N.C. - always so summery and romantic!  In celebration of finding out the news that his newest novel will be coming out in just two short months, along with the anniversary of my discovering the world of Nicholas Sparks, I present:

Steph's Nicholas Sparks Top 10

10. The Last Song (movie)
9. A Walk to Remember
8. Nights in Rodanthe
7. The Last Song
6. The Guardian
5. The Lucky One
4. Dear John
3. The Choice
2. The Wedding
1. The Notebook

So...any other Nicholas Sparks junkies out there?

P.S. Today, I'm linking up at Buzz on by Thursday, hosted by The Two Savvy Sisters and Fashionably Organized - Check their blogs out to get the rules, then play along and meet lots of new bloggers!


The Two Savvy Sisters

post signature

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh goodness, I looooove Nicholas Sparks! I started reading his books when I was in high school and they are my favorites! A Walk To Remember, The Notebook, The Wedding, Message in a Bottle, and The Last Song are my favorite books. The movies aren't as good as the books, but I think The Notebook and A Walk To Remember were the best movies. I'm excited about the new book! Can't wait to read it!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Did you know he's going to be in Charleston signing books in either Sept or October?

Anonymous said...

YEEESSSS!!! I love Nicholas Sparks books. I really really like The Guardian and I'm trying to decide which one to read next...maybe Nights in Rodanthe (the movie was awesome!)

Sarah Larsen said...

Hi Stephanie! I came over via buzz on by Thursday and I'm your newest follower! You have a really cute blog! Hope you'll stop by!

NorCalMom said...

Thanks for stopping by Lemons to Lemonade. I am now following you.

I am also a Nicholas Sparks fan, and a BBW addict as well!

Looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Melissa B. said...

I'm particularly taken with Nights in Rodanthe...it's set in North Carolina's Outer Banks, my own safe haven.

Elsie said...

I'm a NS fan also! Have been for years - I think I read A Walk to Remember in HS and was hooked! I love The Rescue. My least favorite was actually Nights in Rodanthe - a little too tragic for me I guess. =)
I'm didn't know there was a new book coming out, so I'm very excited to learn that! I just finished reading Dear John... not sure how I missed that one in the middle... and love it!

Unknown said...

¸.•..¸.•*¨Hopping in from Buzz on Thursdays! Im your new follower!

Hope you can come on by and return the follow♥

Reviews & Giveaways
TheChickenista

~Veronica

Off to the next great blog!¸.•..¸.•*¨

Lisa said...

Thanks so much for following my blog! I'm following you now too!

JoJo said...

I was addicted to the Notebook for a while!

Lindsey said...

i am a HUGE nicholas sparks fan - i actually just finished the last song today at the pool - and i was crying uncontrollably at the pool looking like an idiot.. but my goodness was it good!
i can't wait for his next book - thanks for letting me know about it! :)