Sunday, July 11, 2010

Another West Virginia Weekend

As usual, visiting the fam in West Virginia was a good ol' time! The hubster & I drove in on Friday evening, and I spent hours upon hours with my mother & sister in law and aunt, setting up our "yardsale" at a local community building.  We worked from 8pm until nearly midnight - I've never seen so much junk in my life!  It was a hoot, looking at each other's crap.  Good times...
Saturday morning was the actual sale, and I kicked things off with a generous sized chunk of Grandma J's homemade peanut butter candy along with a 16 oz cup of vanilla cappuccino from the local gas station - this turned me into a chatterbox, which was nice because a lot of old friends stopped by the sale to visit!  We made a little bit of $$$, and took the remainder of our junk to Goodwill.  
On the way to visit my mom and step dad, I stopped by the local visitor's center, where some of my WV wooden signs are being sold! 
This is one of the displays in the store, and the sign in the pic is a favorite among my WV peeps:

These were what my visit with mom was all about:


Some of of the BEST brownies I've ever eaten!  Nothing like a mother's touch ;)  She knows what makes her daughter the happiest! And yes, the part that's missing is what I ate within the first 20 minutes of my visit.  I proceeded to eat another row before the day was over.  And no, I did not barf up brownies all night long!  My body is used to this kind of abuse!

Sunday morning, my step dad and I did a little bird-watching - ok, not so much, but we got excited when we  saw some large birds flying high in the sky because apparently there is a bald eagle hanging out in the mountains and valleys of Webster County! He grabbed the binoculars and we watched for a little while, but no bald eagle. BUMMER.
  
Eventually, it was time to return to my in-laws house for my mother-in-law's fiesta-themed surprise birthday party!  We ate a ton of homemade Mexican dishes, and of course, i dove head first into the Reese's Peanut Butter Ice Cream and birthday cake - like, YUM!


We had to wrap things up and head back to Ohio in the afternoon.  On the trip back, we stopped at Hallmark - Ornament Premiere Weekend, HELLO!  I only picked up a few (the rest of my favorites will be sold in stores beginning in October, so this was a "light" ornament premiere shopping experience.)  

I'm glad to be back in Athens, and I'm ready to do some serious bloggin' this week! Wild and wonderful weekends in Webster County, WV are always a good time, but there's no place like my home in O-H-I-O!  

Speaking of living in Ohio, did anyone know that Cinci Bengals Wide Receiver & DWTS contestant Chad (Johnson) Ocho-Cinco has a reality dating show on VH-1?!?!?!  I'm watching now, and it is HIL-AR-I-OUS!

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! :)


post signature

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Sounds like a pretty fun weekend! Hope you have a great week!

Amanda said...

Sounds like you had a really fun weekend and those brownies look amazing!!!!

Kimberly said...

The brownies look so delish.

My dad's family is from WV. It is a beautiful place.

I am a new follower of yours. Hope to see you stop by and see me.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I had no idea that a Twilight ornament was happening! Sweeeeet!

Margaret said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend!

Class Deandre said...

Hello mate greatt blog