Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hot Dog! Some Dang Good Chili Worth Blogging About

I'm sure you're all preparing for 4th of July bb-q's, picnics, camping, and other get-togethers - and more than likely, you'll be picking up some hot dogs for the occasion.  What's a hotdog without some good chili? Well, "It ain't a real dog!" (At least, in WV it isn't.)

Custard Stand Hot Dog Chili is near and dear to my heart - it's "back home", it's "old friends", it's a whole lot of past memories from when I lived in Webster County, WV. When I traveled back to Webster to visit my fam on the weekends during my college years, a trip to the Custard Stand was always in order (3 hot dogs with chili and onion!) 

CSHD Chili is a sweet yet spicy, super satisfying thick chili that's slow cooked and tastes like "home".  In addition to being served at the Webster Springs and Flatwoods, WV Custard Stand restaurant locations, Custard Stand Hot Dog Chili is available in several other states (IN, OH, KY, NC, PA, TN, VA, NY, and Maryland) and the list keeps growing!  You can find store listings here.

The owners of the Custard Stand and CSHDC take pride in their product and greatly appreciate their fans.  You can follow the Custard Stand via Twitter and Facebook.  Their website also has tons of information, including recipes, product and store listings, special offers, and a little bit of chili history, too!

So if you're still trying to figure out a plan for some hot dog chili to eat during the holiday weekend, look no further than your local food supplier/grocery store - Custard Stand Hot Dog Chili might be sold there, and your final holiday cook-out preparations will be a done deal!

I would like to thank my friend and "Chili Queen" Angie Cowger, along with the rest of the Cowger family, for working tirelessly to provide so many people with such a delicious , high-quality food product. Your hard work definitely does not go unnoticed!  

Follow the Chili on Twitter, and become a fan on Facebook!

post signature

3 comments:

Jen said...

Hi! I found you on Kerri's blog!
Don't you just love all her great ideas!
Love me some chili...on hot dogs, burgers and fries....Yikes!!!
Have never seen this kind...but I will def. look.
I love your 10 things post! I too love green, chocolate and reading blogs, of course!
I'm following so I can come back often!
:) Jen

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I honestly don't think I've ever heard of this!!

Zoe Hanson said...

Awesome blog you have hhere