Saturday, July 3, 2010

Welcome to Sweets for the Sweet - Link Up!

~Welcome to~
A special page dedicated to one of our very favorite things:
sugary, satisfying, sometimes even downright sexy - SWEETS!

A weekly opportunity to share your favorite sugary treats, from chain restaurant desserts and store-bought candy, to quick and easy or made-from-scratch recipes - if you need a sugar fix, you've found the right place!

Each weekend I will choose a Sweets for the Sweet theme, along with my own post corresponding with that theme. All you have to do is create your own yummy post, grab the button below, and add it to the top of your post.  Make sure to come back here and share your link (and make sure it's directly to your sweet post!) Talk about a great way to swap delicious recipes and other sugary ideas with fellow bloggers... it's sure to satisfy your sweet tooth! 

Stephanie S Button


Since it's the first week of Sweets for the Sweet, go ahead and blog about any of your favorite desserts that you think others should try (this should be an easy one - we all have that favorite go-to, don't we?)

I'm kicking things off with a recipe that my mother shared with me this past Christmas.  "Fancy Jelly-Filled Cookies" are melt-in-your-mouth perfect, but are very light - you can't help but to keep eating and eating them!  They're also super cute and look great placed in a seasonal cookie tin as a gift. 

Fancy Jelly-Filled Cookies

3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup softened butter
2 tsp grated orange peel
1 3 oz. package of cream cheese (the little square Philadelphia ones)
1 egg
2 1/4 Cups all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 Cup seedless preserves (any flavor will do - red & black raspberry are my faves!)

Glaze:  1/2 Cup Tollhouse white chips (melted)

Preheat oven to 350*F
  • Beat cheese, sugar, and butter together; add egg and orange peel, blend well.  Add dry ingredients (flour, baking powder.)
  • Cool dough in fridge for half an hour or so
  • Shape into 1" balls and place 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet
  • Using the end of a wooden spoon, form a hole in the center of each ball - go as far to the bottom as you can without poking through to the sheet.
  • Fill holes with 1/4 tsp preserves
  • Bake 11-13 minutes or until firm.
  • Move to cooling rack
  • Drizzle glaze over cookies
Tip:  pick up a couple of plastic condiment-sized squeeze bottles and fill with preserves/melted white chip glaze - a quicker, neater way to fill cookies with preserves and drizzle glaze!
Makes a 2-3 dozen.


Ok, now it's your turn!!!  Share your yummy dessert post by linking up below!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a great idea! I'll have to go hunt down a recipe and play along. I'm sure by the end of the day I'll have to make something to satisfy my sweet tooth after reading everyone's ;)

Unknown said...

Such a sweet blog. Cookies look yummy. Oh and Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest :)

Diana said...

What a fun meme to do! I'm headed out the door in a few minutes for our small town's 4th of July parade but I'll stop back later to see all the goodies your readers post and maybe add one of my own! =)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I love this! I will definitely be participating in the next one!

Rachel (Diary of a Recovering Chocoholic) said...

What a great idea! I'll be able to participate more once I'm back in the states. Hope you don't mind I didn't include a recipe in this one but listed my favorite sweets.