Monday, July 12, 2010

Crate & Barrel Fall Preview Picks

When a new Crate & Barrel catalog arrives in my mailbox, I feel about as giddy as I used to when I was a child and the JcPenney's Wishbook came in the mail!  The latest C&B catalog is a preview of their new Fall collection, and as usual, the items are smart, stylish, and super drool-worthy! 
And now, my top 10 Fall picks:


1. Appetizer Plates, $2.95 ea.; 2. Madison Shower Curtain in persimmon marimekko, $49.95; 3. Potluck Bakers, set of three, $29.95; 4. Hoopla Table Lamp in amber, $79.95; 5. Max Dinnerware in plum, 16 pc. set, $74.95; 6. Swoop Bowls, $9.95 and $19.95; 7. Conway Rug, $199-$999; 8. Joe Mug in meadow green, $4.95; 9. Reid Throw, $49.95; 10. Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Mix, $8.95.

I'm a loyal Fiestaware fan, but the new C&B appetizer plates come in a huge variety of colors, are lighter weight, lower-priced, and have a slighly more modern look than my favorite appetizer plates from Homer Laughlin China Co.  If you're looking to brighten up your dinnerware, this would be the item to purchase (in every color!) I'm in love with marimekko patterns - any color, any print, just please give me more marimekko - preferably in the form of this deliciously orange shower curtain. The swoop bowls are just too cool - loads of fun to look at, and loads of fun used as serving dishes! The Conway Rug comes in several sizes, and I especially like that the majority of the pattern is a light cream shade (which hides cat hair!)  C&B rugs are super plush and easy to care for, and this particular one would look great in a neutral toned room that needs a color boost.  I don't think I need to elaborate on the Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Mix - just add butter, eggs, and milk!

post signature

4 comments:

Brittany said...

:)) suuuuuper cute! great picks!

Jen said...

Great picks! Now just head on over to IKEA or Target or TJ Maxx to copy copy copy!
I love to stroll thru our C&B for ideas too. Great place for inspiration!
Have a great week!

Paula@One Mom's Corner of the World said...

I love them so much! I'm visiting from Mailbox Monday. I already follow you.

Debra @ A Frugal Friend said...

Hi and thanks so much for stopping by and even linking up for Mailbox Monday.....did I miss your MM post?