Monday, August 30, 2010

Play until the whistle blows!

3 days.
I will be excited - and nervous.  
I will  be wasting my agency's money by surfing the web for the latest college football stories during office hours.
I will be nervously toying with my green and white football charm bracelet.
I will be wearing a collegiate tee with a black blazer, black dress pants, and heels.
I will be holding on to some kind of hope that my team, the Marshall Thundering Herd, can "play until the whistle blows" and avoid the embarrassment that the opposing team could possibly serve them - but, I have a feeling, it's not going to be as big of a beating as some of my Ohio friends suspect.
I will hope that grandpa Lou Holtz has something nice to say about the Herd, a young team with a brand new coach and a brand new outlook.
I will be defending my team to no end, as Ohio State fans badger me with ignorant, bold and disrespectful comments at the office (I'm exaggerating here - really, they're nice people.)
I will hold my head up high, because even though the Buckeyes are one of the strongest powerhouses of this college football nation, my Herd has soul, respect, and gorgeous kelly green uniforms. And awesome fans, like me.


Thursday, September 2nd, 7:30 pm
  vs. 






Say a prayer for me on Thursday night, will you? (At least I will be noshing on good food.)


post signature

14 comments:

Emily said...

I'm a Buckeye fan, but I admire your dedication to Marshall! I can't say that I really get into football all that much, but being born/raised in Ohio means I have to be an OSU fan. Good luck! :)

Amanda said...

I admire your dedication as well, but I too am an OSU fan. Although I'm more into pro football than college!

AndreaLeigh said...

Ha! I will always have a soft spot in my heart for LH, because he coached the Gamecocks for many years. Our first game is Thursday, too!

stopping by from sits to say hello! happy monday!

Miss. C said...

You are a brave, brave woman!!!! But I admire you for being so brave!!!

Kerri said...

What is it about OSU fans? My family is all from Ohio and they are the most annoying fans ever! They talk like they are ON the team themselves! I'd take kelly green over red anyday! :)

Brittany said...

you are too cute for words!

Fingers crossed for your team!

Brittany said...

you are too cute for words!

Fingers crossed for your team!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I work with two people who graduated from Ohio State and they're already talking so much smack! I'm really hoping MU can pull it out!!

Lindsey said...

being a die hard OSU fan - i can appreciate your dedication for the herd! i'm just totally stoked for fball season to be back!

Aimee said...

I love it :) Ill be rooting for your thundering herd in that game as I hate Ohio!

Anonymous said...

I got your back Stephanie. Goooooooooo Marshall Thundering Herd!!!! Hope they win! Smiles

Haupi

Faith said...

crossing my fingers for you and your team! i must say, that was really cute to read! :)

Emily - faliLV said...

Thanks for stopping by! I love your signs! Maybe one day I will have to give it a try. Liked you on FB! :)
emily
www.familyandlifeinlv.com

Lindsay said...

WE ARE.... MARSHALL!!!!

Squuueee! I'm so excited! And, as if I weren't already pumped up enough about this... I come here and read this and am now cheering at 3am.

Can't WAIT! :)

Linds