Monday, August 2, 2010

Myrtle Beach Wishlist

Greetings from Myrtle Beach, S.C.!
I'm on vacation with my awesome in-laws this week! 
I haven't been to the beach in half a decade, so of course there are some things on my wishlist of beach-related "to-do's":

*Read.
And I'm talking A LOT.  I want to read both Jennifer Weiner's Best Friends, and Richard Russo's That Old Cape Magic before I leave on Saturday!
* Tan.
Nothing makes me feel as fresh and beautiful as a nice summer glow!
*Walk.
Along the shore, for at least a couple hours each day.  Since this is the first time my husband and I have gone on a week-long vacation with our family, we might need some alone time. I think a long daily walk will be the perfect way to reconnect!
*Quality Time
with my mother and sister-in-law.  They are fabulous, fierce gals with fun personalities - I'm hoping there will be lots of girl-talk while the boys are gone golfing.
*Eat.
But not too much - I've busted my buns this past spring and summer trying to lower my cholesterol with diet and exercise.  I'm going to try not to blow it all away on those melt-in-your-mouth donuts from the Krispy Kreme up the street!  Good luck with that, right? I'm counting on my husband to keep me in check.
*Movie.
I am hoping for a family night out at the movies - there are so many great movies I would love to watch!  I'm hoping for Dinner for Schmucks or The Other Guys.
*Take Photos. 
For some reason, I have problems taking time out for a few good photos.  I am also hesitant about asking others to "pose" for me. I'm crossing my fingers that I remember to take my camera out during those long beach walks, and I'm hoping I get the guts to arrange some family group shots!
*Airbrushed Tee.
It may sound lame, but I really want to get one of those cheesy 80's airbrushed t-shirts made while we're out and about, hitting up the gift shops.  I want one that's Marshall themed - just to wear when I'm chilling out at home :)

Hopefully, I'll get to do all of these things - they seem pretty obtainable, no? 
Happy Monday to all of you - thanks for reading, and have a great week!
Come back tomorrow for my favorite summer songs by male artists!

post signature

10 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Have a great time on vacation! I can't wait to hear all about it!!

Amanda said...

I almost got one of those airbrushed shirts at the fair yesterday!

Kerri said...

That two hour walk will help with a donut...it's vacation...go ahead and have one!

I love Myrtle Beach...take lots of pictures for us!

Have a super week!

Kerri said...

That two hour walk will help with a donut...it's vacation...go ahead and have one!

I love Myrtle Beach...take lots of pictures for us!

Have a super week!

Brittany said...

Sounds perfect!

You have to remember to take pictures you can show us! duh!

Have fun :)

Ms. Emmy N said...

Sounds like the perfect vaca!! I hope you take a lot of pics, and share them when you get back :)

Mariam Hakim said...

I miss the beach, hopefully when I go to Dubai soon :) sounds like an amazing vacation have an amazing time xx

Aimee said...

Yay have fun at the beach!!

Those are very attainable things and they sound bliss. I love reading and tanning on the beach. I dont do enough of it here even though I am blessed to living 15 minutes away from the beach (if you hit every light)

The walks sound the best and enjoy that quality time with those fierce women.

Kitty Deschanel said...

I just read the funniest story on AOL News about a gal who got in trouble about blogging about her horrible mother in law. Happy to see that you won't have that problem :)

Rachel (Diary of a Recovering Chocoholic) said...

I love Myrtle Beach! I usually go at least once every summer, so I'm sad I'm missing out this year.

I've thought about getting one of those shirts for awhile now