Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bath and Body Works Addicts Anonymous (Meeting #3)

It's Friday afternoon. I leave work, my husband and I go to Applebees for a late lunch, and then he says "I'm not ready to go home yet - let's run around."  I say, "if we're running around, then I'm running to Bath and Body Works - I've got a 20% off total purchase coupon (Coupin!) and a free travel-size product with any purchase offer, burning a hole right through my cheap kelly green vinyl wallet."


Next, Dark Kiss happens.


YUM.  The newest BBW Signature Collection fragrance is super sweet, intense, a little musky, and super sexy. A mixture of Twilight Woods, Midnight Pomegranate, and Black Amethyst, it's the perfect recipe for cool fall days and date nights!  The scent lingers, too - I can smell it on the couch throw pillows, blankets i've been curling up with in the evenings, and my bedding - and that's just from the trial size body lotion I used during the past two weeks! 


I'm still using the remnants of Forever Sunshine which I completely still think is the best scent ever (along with Twilight Woods, of course), so I purchased the full size Dark Kiss shower gel, body lotion, and body spray for my "travel beauty booty" bag.  It's a nice start to my travel beauty case, which is going to be an expensive task - as some of my readers may remember, I'm building a collection of all of my favorite health & beauty aid/makeup must-haves in full sizes for travel purposes only, because I have major problems forgetting items when I go somewhere, and I can't keep up with re-stocking too-small travel-sized products.  Now that I have Dark Kiss waiting in the travel bag, I can't flipping wait to go somewhere! Let's go!


If you're looking for a new fall scent, this may be the one to try just because I said so.  It definitely has nosehair-burning potential, so if you're not used to strong, spicy and sweet, I suggest starting gradual - like with a travel-size body spray, to see if you like it. The new scent is also sold in the form of small candles and Wallflower bulbs, so if it doesn't wear well on your skin (after all, everybody carries scents differently), then give it a try in the home! Or just buy some for the sake of spending $$$ (since we all have extra dough laying around, HA) and mail it to Stephanie Snyder in Athens, Ohio.


P.S. Bath & Body Works/Limited Brands does not compensate me in any way for writing these rockin' reviews - although, they totally should.  So i can use the money to go buy more of their stuff. I've contacted them regarding this issue, but no word yet!  They probably just think I'm a wishful thinking loser high on Japanese Cherry Blossom Anti-bac gel.

post signature

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

That just looks like it smells good! I'm going to have make a trip there!

Diana said...

It sure looks like it smells good. I'm sure I'll be looking up this post again before my next shopping adventure to BBW. Good luck with the compensation review. Ha!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I might have to try this! I'm going there tomorrow because I'm almost out of Twilight Woods. I have those same discount cards so I'll probably end up getting a lot of stuff! haha

Kerri said...

I love how much you go into detail describing this scent...and I agree...Bath and Body totally should compensate you!!!

Miranda said...

I am so in love with Bath & Body works.. sadly - there isn't one here in Hawaii. Shipping is kinda insane, so I'm going thru serious hand soap withdraw.. :-( Maybe I can live vicariously thru you!!!

Georgia said...

God I wish I was american. I hate blogger for doing this to me. There are no good shops here and everyone is always discussing amazing food.

xx

Brittany said...

I love BBW.. ADDICTED.. but if I spend over ten minutes in there I have a headache from hell! Too much in too small of space!