Monday, August 9, 2010

Back from the Beach!

It's time for a little Myrtle Beach recap! 


The five days spent with my in-laws were super entertaining and fun - basically, we spent each morning/afternoon laying in the sun, reading, and walking along the beach, then spent each evening eating out at various restaurants, shopping around, and stopping by Krispy Kreme.  


On Monday, we:
Vacation Begins!
* left my in-laws' house in WV at 5am and ventured to Myrtle Beach, 8 hours away. I thought of some of my old Marshall college buds who are living in the Winston-Salem/Greensboro, NC area as we passed through!
* spent a little time on the beach before heading out to Angelo's Italian/Steakhouse, where I tried with all of my might to enjoy a warm, comforting bowl of fettucine alfredo while an annoyingly obnoxious family sitting at the table beside ours forced a little tiny boy with teary eyes and sunburned cheeks to finish his plate before they left. I wanted to steal him and take him away with us! 
* took a stroll on the Springmaid Pier, and saw jelly fish and a huge sea turtle lurking in the ocean - way too close to the shore for me!


I've got mad skillz.
Tuesday, I began my beach reading.  Initially I had planned to read Richard Russo's That Old Cape Magic and Jennifer Weiner's Best Friends Forever, but both were scrapped when my sis-in-law brought along Hello Kitty Must Die and Mennonite in a Little Black Dress! My original beach reads were pushed to the side, and I read the others before our vacation was over.  Hello Kitty was SO fun! Mennonite was a little slower, but enjoyable as well.
Tuesday was Crabby Mike's Seafood night and a crazy long game of putt-putt, too.  I held the lead down until about the 14th hole, then my concentration dwindled and I totally lost control my game! I did manage to make a totally random hole-in-one toward the end. Good times, Good times! We also checked out the new Boardwalk - and I finally got that airbrushed tee I've been wanting!


Wednesday evening we hit up Broadway at the Beach, where we sucked down more italian food, my husband slurped down a beverage from the awesomely fun KISS Coffeehouse, and I chowed on sugary goodness from The Fudgery.  I also hit up Christmas Mouse and Yankee Candle - where I flashed my little coupon for $1 votives and bought a ton in the new fall scents!  Maple Pancakes, Creamy Caramel, and Cinnamon Roll - need I say more? 


Kiss Coffeehouse
Christmas Mouse!

Christmas Mouse finds!

Thursday -
Forget bags - give me Coach shoes!
I scored a pretty serious sunburn on my shoulders - the UV index was about 2300, which was a little more than my SPF 30 could tolerate.  My husband and I also thought it would be a great idea to take the 4-mile hike along the shore, from the Springmaid Pier to the Second Avenue Pier during a heat advisory! In all seriousness, it wasn't that bad.  I'm crediting the Fit-Flops I've worn all year and the Vitamin water we guzzled the entire walk for my endurance. 
In the evening, we ate @ TBonz "Gill and Grill", which was totally my type of restaurant!   We also did a little outlet shopping. I spoiled myself with a new pair of Black Coach Sneakers from the Coach outlet (thanks, Mom!)  My husband and I also played dress up and found some great deals at Banana Republic.  By the end of the day, I was completely beat.  

Our last day on the beach was interrupted by a series of crazy thunderstorms, but I met up with my cousin who lives in SC, so it wasn't a wasted day at all!



  
By Saturday, I was so ready to return home - to my cat, my life in Ohio, and my blog, of course!

I read everyone's comments all week long - I couldn't reply to everyone, and didn't get a chance to check out new blogs/posts, but I'm getting caught up!  I'm glad to be back!

I hope everyone has a good week! Happy Monday... seriously!



post signature

12 comments:

Kerri said...

Sounds like a fun vacation Steph! I like how you wrote about each day. This is my 3rd summer wearing my fit flops everyday...I love them too! Vacations are great...but it's always feels so good to get back home...welcome back!

Amy said...

I'd be in heaven in that Christmas Mouse store!

Leah said...

We have The Southern Christmas Show here in charlotte, every year...and every year I spend wayyy too much money in The Christmas Mouse. Its such an awesome store!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm glad you had a great time!!! I laughed and smiled so hard when you sent me that picture of you at the Christmas store!!

The Undomestic Mom said...

how fun!!!

Brittany Ann said...

The storms were just crazy here, weren't they? Glad you scored some great finds at the SC outlets!

Brittany said...

Looks like you had a blast, an scored some great finds! :))))

Jenn said...

Hi there! Thanks for the comment on Live Fancy, I really appreciate it! Glad to have found your blog. Looks like you had a great trip!! Have a happy day!

Aimee said...

WOw looks like you had such a fun trip. The food you ate sounds amazing...yummy. I need to check out those books.

Wow sorry about your sunburn. Thats always the scary thing about going to abeach for a long period of time.

:)Im jealous of your coach shoes...

Faith said...

welcome back! sounds like a great time. loving your shoes!

Ashley said...

Fun! Sounds like a great trip!

annechovie said...

Looks like you had fun, Stephanie! thanks for stopping by.