Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dress You Up in My Love (Holiday Edition)

Dress up w/us!
Today we're getting dressed up for some holiday fun! Let me be straight with my readers: I'm from rural appalachia, central West Virginia to be exact.  At this point in my life, I'm not exactly attending ritzy soirees or Black Tie Christmas parties (although I would love to - who doesn't want to sport a fab sparkly dress and feel amazing for an evening out?) My schedule consists of family get togethers and casual parties at work, so short n' sassy dresses and minis with a lot of glitz are kind of out of the question for me this season.  On this 6th day of the 25 Days of Christmas, I've selected pieces that I would realistically buy - and wear - for an occasion during the Holiday season. You're going to love every single item, so go ahead and print 'em out - Happy shopping! 

This is how a Grad Student's Wife dresses during the Holidays:



Michelle dress, Abercrombie; Kacy Suede Wedge Boot, Anne Taylor LOFT; Hathaway studded tote, Fossil; ribbon & shine necklace and rhinestone bracelet, Aerie.



Ruffle bib dress and leggings, Gap; strappy sandal, Colin Stuart for Victoria's Secret; party clutch, J.Crew; sparkling headband, ForeverXXI



Double-breasted shirtdress, Anthropologie; beret, White House Black Market; "Laura" satchel handbag by Melie Bianco, Piperlime; Owlet pendant necklace, Barberry & Lace; signature scarf, Coach; "Linzy" pump by Kelsi Dagger, Endless.com.


I dearly love all three ensembles and would happily sport any of them this time of year.  What's your fave? 

post signature

15 comments:

Faith said...

i can't choose between 2 and 3! i would happily wear any of those ensembles too!!!

jacjewelry said...

I love your picks! My favorite is #2 - and you can use that dress and those shoes over and over again and turn them into a new outfit by adding a colorful purse or bracelet!

Rachel said...

Love love love these choices...the first and second are definitely my faves. TOO cute! I just got your ornament in the mail and it totally made my day :) Be expecting yours early next week!! You are SO sweet. Happy Saturday, girlfriend.

Legally Lovely said...

My favorite is the second one. I love the gray; it's so versatile. Plus, that sparkly clutch is the right amount of holiday sparkle (without glitzing up in a sparkly mini). :)

annechovie said...

Very stylish pieces, Steph! Have a great wknd. xx

nomo wino daph said...

#2 would be my choice.

I am with ya, I want to get all dolled up too!!! I'll be sitting on the curb waiting on the limo:)

Jessica said...

I love all of these outfits and would love to be wearing the first one right now. It looks warm and perfect for the snowy weather.

Rebekah said...

I love all of them! They are all so cute!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I never go to parties that are super fancy and always end up wearing some kind of cute sweater! I love that Abercrombie one!

Amber said...

You and I are on the same wave---I love all your choices! LOVE!! Favorite is either 1 or 2...I can't decide. :) I do miss the days of college formals, black tie affairs, etc. Actually right now i"m thankful I don't have anything like that to go to----maternity dresses aren't quite as cute :)

Kerri said...

Oh I love that ruffled dress...it might be a bit chilly though!

Cute Christmas header!

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

I adoooore all your picks!! You have excellent taste my dear!!!

PS - I'm following you on Twitter! JenniDtweets! ;)

Anna said...

Loving these outfits! They are perfect for the holidays! I especially love those Linzy pumps.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I think all of your mixes are fabulous, love your style!

Clipping Path said...

Really Awesome Blog Thanks for Sharing...