Friday, December 31, 2010

All Good Things Must Come to an End.

It's about that time!

I'm wrappin' up 2010 in a big way today.  My husband and I dug out the predictions we made for 2010 on New Year's Eve last year; he was 8 for 10, i sucked big time scoring 4/10 (I guess I'm no Sylvia Browne - but apparently, he is.) One big thing I did predict correctly has had quite the impact our lives and my blog!  You see, we had an agreement when making our annual predictions that neither of us would try to predict if he found a teaching job, where it would be, how far along in his dissertation he would be, etc.  Basically, we completely strayed away from making any predictions that might "jinx" him/us.  We are so superstitous.  Well, I did it anyway:


As you can see, I wrote my prediction, breaking our rules - but then, I decided to draw a line through it, as if that would some how prevent my rule breaking from jinxing our entire lives.  Weirdo. Like, "I did it but didn't do it", right?  Well, I did.  And I completely forgot about writing it.  So you can imagine my surprise when we took our little pieces of paper out of the safe and started reviewing them.  I think i made that prediction in a sort of desperate, hopeful way; I honestly didn't believe that we would actually know where my husband was going to teach and where we were going to live prior to New Year's.  Here we are, on New Year's Eve, getting ready to make our predictions for 2011... most of which will have anything and everything to do with New York. We're living proof that in the end, things always work out and everything will be o.k.

All of this leads me to this blog: my 'baby', my gateway to creative expression and newfound love of social media, my little project that's become a big (and fun) part of my life.  I've discovered some crazy talented writers and graphic designers, read about the lives of amazing mothers, wives, and loyal girlfriends, found new recipes and a ton of much-needed cooking tips, and spent a little too much $$$ at etsy shops owned by my favorite bloggers. I've even met some of my favorite bloggers in person, which helped me realize that the time and effort I put into blogging is well worth it.  Most of all, I am constantly inspired to continue growing and building my blog as all the little pieces of my life grow and change.

Today, I'm saying good-bye to the Life of a Grad Student's Wife. Tomorrow, I'm saying hello to A Day in the Life of a Professor's Wife, and I look forward to you joining me! I will start the new year off by describing exactly what you can expect from PW (which of course will include your favorite Grad Student Wife material, in addition to some new "stuff"!) I can't wait!

To the loyal readers who have inspired me and have highlighted the past 9 months with blog comments, facebook messages, and tweets:

I will not be deleting this blog, so it'll always be here if you'd like to revisit some of your favorite posts or want to recommend something to a friend.  I can't throw my baby in the Blogger trash bin, that just wouldn't be right!

With all of that said, I want to wish you a safe & happy New Year!

See you in 2011 at:
http://www.aprofessorswife.com


post signature

13 comments:

Rebekah said...

I can't wait for the new blog!

Grimmgirl said...

It's so great to hear that your husband found a job in our tough academic market. Upstate NY sounds great. As you will be vamping your new blog, may I make a suggestion? You are so interesting, talented, and unique, I think your female fans would love to see you name your new blog something that reflects who YOU are, rather than defining your blog through your husband and his profession. I don't mean this to be snarky in any way -- just a thought. . .

Amber said...

Oh I love that idea, that you and your hubby make predictions for the following year. Very cool!

I'm already following A Professor's Wife! So proud of you, and I look forward to your new blog! :))

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I'm so happy for you guys that you already know where you'll be!! Happy New Year!

Heather said...

Can't wait to start reading the new posts on the new blog! Hope you had a great New Year!

annechovie said...

Happy New Year, Stephanie! All the best to you and your family in 2011! xo

● C E L I N A ● said...

When will it be up and running? Or is it private?

● C E L I N A ● said...

psychic you mind...as we used to say! its there. I don't know why the blogger link says private.

Estetik said...

I always thought that changes is the only thing that are permanent in this realm. You have informatively tackle down such issue.
Estetik

Kızlık zarı said...

who is a constituent of the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry. Services supplied encompass tooth whitening, porcelain veneers, crests, cosmetic dentistry and origin canal treatment.
Kızlık zarı
Genital estetik

Yüz Germe said...

This is one of the best post that I have ever read. You have provided a great piece of information. I will definitely share it with my other friends. Keep up the good work, I would to stay in contact with your posts
Yüz Germe

Rinoplasti said...

Thank you very much for this. You cant imagine how much time you saved me!! I always thought it was possible to customize wordpress but Im not very good at computers. You made it very easy. Thanks again!
Rinoplasti

GlassesShop said...

what a pity