Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Fancy Jelly-Filled Thumbprint Cookies (thank you, may I have another?)

Today, I'm sharing my favorite Christmas cookie ever. Like, forever ever. Forever and ever and ever.  They're beautifully sweet, light and buttery, bite-sized treats sent straight from cookie heaven.  My mom was generous enough to share this recipe with me, even though she knows it's one of the reasons I come home for Christmas every year! I enjoy making and giving these cuties. They are perfect for cookie swaps, and look gorgeous resting on a bright platter!



Fancy Jelly-Filled Thumbprint Cookies






















Cookie Dough/filling:
3/4 C. sugar

3/4 C. butter (softened)
2 tsp. grated orange peel
1  3oz. block cream cheese (not the full size (8 oz.) package)
1 egg
2 1/4 C.  All-purpose flour
3/4 tsp.  baking powder
1/2 C. seedless red raspberry preserves (or seedless jelly/preserves flavor of your choice)

Glaze
1/2 C. white chocolate chips (melted)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Beat cheese, sugar, and butter together; add egg and orange peel, blend.  Add dry ingredients; blend well.

Cool cookie dough in refridgerator for easier handling.

Shape into 1" balls and place 2" apart on cookie sheet.
Using the rounded end of a wooden spoon handle, gently press a "hole" into each ball, being careful not to poke all the way through to the surface of the sheet.

Fill "holes" with 1/4 tsp. preserves

Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until firm to touch.Melt white chocolate chips; drizzle glaze over cooled cookies.

Makes 2-3 dozen. Enjoy!
post signature

11 comments:

Faith said...

that looks soooo delicious! i love how one of them is already bitten into! they are sooo cute too!!!

Kerri said...

Oh, these do look heavenly!
I've never made thumbprint cookies before. Thanks Stephanie and mom for sharing your recipe!

Anonymous said...

Um. yummm! I've been trying to find some recipes for the cookie baking day the girl I nanny for and I have planned, and this looks like a winner!

Jessica said...

These look so yummy! We will definitely have to try them. Thanks for sharing.

Brittany said...

I'm pretty sure I just about ate my computer screen! :))

p.s. Did you get my ornament?

star said...

These cookies look so yummy! I will definetely save this recipe and will have to bake them soon! Thanks for playing!

Heather said...

Ok these looks just too delicious!!!

Amber said...

Oh for YUM! I just bookmarked this recipe and one day when I am in my next cooking mood, will come back to it. The only sad thing is......that could be awhile. HA! JK these look good enough to try much sooner!!

nomo wino daph said...

Oh girl....those look awesome!! Looks like a pic out of a recipe book!

Hope your day is great sweetie!

XO D

love jenny xoxo said...

yum!!! I'm definitely trying these! I love raspberry jam too! So good! So happy there is vegan cream cheese so I don't miss out on these yummy recipes!

XOXO

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those look soooooo good!