Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Oreo Truffle Tease


On Sunday night, I turned my little kitchen into a sugary chocolate zone and made the always fun, always easy, always sticky and slimy Oreo Truffles.  You know 'em - the little round treats made of three ingredients that will make just about anyone's day: cream cheese, oreos, and Baker's chocolate squares.  I got artsy, my husband got a little worried, but in the end my truffle photo shoot turned out well.  

You might need a nice cup of coffee to go with this post - get ready to eat your computer screen!



































Oreo Truffles:

1 8 oz. package of softened Philadelphia Cream Cheese
2 pkgs Baker's semi-sweet chocolate squares (16 squares total)
1 pkg  Oreo cookies
assorted sprinkles and fun things :)

Toss all cookies but 9 into blender; chop into a fine oreo "dust".
Pour into large mixing bowl, mix together with softened cream cheese.
Continue to stir/fold/mix until oreo and cream cheese are throughly blended.

Melt chocolate squares in microwave, a few seconds at a time - take out between intervals, stir, replace in microwave.  Continue doing this until chocolate is completely smooth, but be careful not to "cook" it!

Roll oreo/cream cheese mixture into 1" balls and coat with melted chocolate.  Place on wax paper. Do a few at a time, decorate.

Refridgerate.  (Makes 3-4 dozen.)

*Try to wait at least a couple of hours before devouring all of them - they're way better cold.

Oh, and don't forget to clean up (why do i enjoy running soapy water through my blender?):

Ok, you got me.  I just wanted to show off my awesome blender and lime green toaster!





















post signature

14 comments:

Kerri said...

Your truffles look fantastic...and I really like your red and green silverware- FUN!

Faith said...

those look so good! you are right! i do want to eat the computer screen!

i have to try this! goodness, i have so many things i want to make and no time to do them all!

Amy said...

I didn't make any truffles this year, but there are still four days before Christmas...I might make a bunch yet. They look delicious! Mine always look way sloppier than yours and nowhere near as nice :)

Ashley said...

Ooh, they are so pretty!!

Unknown said...

so yummy!!! I can't wait to make mine! :) Did you know that apparently if you use Candy Quick (thats the brand) then it's easier? Princess told me this last year but I couldn't find them, but now I found it at wally :) lol

Kelly said...

Omigosh!! They look soooo delicious and SO cute too! Yummy! Are you really running soap in your blender? Because if so, that is kind of genius. Hah! Hope you have a great day!! :-)

Katie said...

Yummy!! I have had one's that were done with a baked cake and icing mixed together... so good! Do you have to get the oreo mixture cold before rolling it in chocolate or can you do it at room temp?

nomo wino daph said...

Steph, those are gorgeous!!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Those look soooo good!!

Holly said...

I L.O.V.E. these little Oreo balls of goodness!! I must make some when I am on stay-cation next week!!

Jessica said...

While I was out today, I grabbed the stuff to make these. You're right - if you can wait until they cool, they are sooo great! Thanks for the idea :)

Heather said...

Those oreo truffles look absolutely delicious!! They are, unfortunately, a weakness of mine and I have to stay far, FAR away from them!

Aimee said...

Yummy!!! I am going to steal this recipe.

If they come out good enough I will bring them to my grandmas house on the day aafter christmas

love jenny xoxo said...

I have had something like this before and they are sooo good, I will definitely have to whip some of these up! I made the Fancy Jelly-Filled Thumbprint Cookies last night and they are to die for!! Thanks a million!

XOXO