Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Great Gift Ideas for the Stumped Shopper

Still searching for the perfect gift? Yep, most of us are.  Time is running out! Most online orders need to be placed by the end of this week to ensure timely delivery for Christmas, so you may want to get to mouse clicking lickety split - or haul your rear to the mall before all of the great gifts run out! Continuing with the 25 Days of Christmas, here are my gift picks for both girlies and guys - some of which I may have actually purchased for special loved ones of my own! 



Shop books at Anthropologie
My absolute favorite items of the year are the fresh-cut clothbound literary classics by Penguin.  I stumbled upon these at Anthropologie, but unfortunately, I had already shopped for the bookworms on my Christmas list! I'm definitely keeping them in mind for friends and family - and for myself, too - for future gift giving occasions. The brightly colored and classy embossed canvas covers  accompanied by a color coordinating thin satin ribbon bookmark and thick, shaggy-edged pages would look great stacked on coffee and end tables, and bookshelves, of course! Choose from great works like Jane Austin's Sense and Sensibility, Brontë's Wuthering Heights, and Carroll's Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  These gorgeous books are also available in Children's classics such as Peter Pan and Huckleberry Fin.

And now... some of my other favorites!  Get a pen and a piece of paper, and take some notes! 

1. Silk Tie ($60) and 2. Collar Stays ($12.50 for 8), Banana Republic; 3. Power Stretch Glove, $30, The North Face; 4. NFL Training Camp for Nintendo Wii, $100, NFL Shop; 5. "Assistant to the Regional Manager" Michael Scott and Dwight Schrute bobbleheads, NBC Universal Store; 6. Showtime's The Tudors complete series DVD collection, $129, Barnes & Noble; 7. Charcoal keg-a-cue grill by Wincraft (available in all NFL teams), $109, NFL Shop; 8. Picnictime football cutting board, $30, Bed, Bath, & Beyond; 9. Kobalt utility toolbox ($30), long-nose pliars ($9), hammer ($8), and screwdriver set ($20), Lowes.



1. Tree Coin pendant necklace, "Live the Green Life" collection ($28), Fossil; 2. C.O. Bigelow Lemon-Lime body care, $12-$16.50, C.O. Bigelow; 3. Year of Cookie Cutters (set of 12), $25, Crate & Barrel; 4. Peppermint Hot Cocoa mix (8 servings), $6, Starbucks; 5. Martha Stewart Collection non-skid mixing bowl set, $17, Macy's; 6. Knit muk-luk slippers, $15, Old Navy; 7. Boyfriend lounge pant, $40, Pink by Victoria's Secret; 8. "Love" print socks, $7, Gap; 9. Ragtime throw, $50, Coldwater Creek


...I'll take one of each, please! Happy Shopping!

post signature

11 comments:

Debbie said...

I'm not finished yet so these tips are great for me!
Stopped by from SITS to say hi.

Lindsay @ The Lean Green Bean said...

ohhhh those vs sweatpants are AMAZING...wearing mine right now and accidentally found out the hubby got me another pair for xmas (i didn't even ask for them!!! what a guy!)

Kerri said...

Good ideas Stephanie!
I have my cookie cutters in the same kind of jar...guess I'm just cool like that! ;)

love jenny xoxo said...

great ideas! Very helpful!

XOXO

Rebekah said...

These are great! I'm still on the search for a few things.

nomo wino daph said...

I have those NF gloves, but the ladies version..LOVE THEM!!

Cool ideas girl...hope your day is great:)

XO-D

Slyde said...

some nice items :)

I got my wife a SmartShopper - one of those electric gadgets you post on the fridge and talk into it and say any grocery item, and it uses voice recognition to figure out what you said, record it and when its time for grocery shopping you press a button and it prints out a shopping list, itemized by category.

half my friends think its an awesome gift, and the other half think im about to get crucified :)

Brittany said...

I would love to get hubs some nice North Face gloves, but I just know he will loose them. Maybe I should get him some of those snaps that connect on to his coat while I'm at it!

star said...

These are all such amazing gift ideas! I love the collages you made! How did you make them? Thanks for linking up!

Faith said...

you have some great ideas! i seriously need all the help i can get! thanks!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I never know what to get guys!! Thanks for the suggestions!