Friday, December 10, 2010

Week Long Wrap-up

Friday is finally here! How was your week?


This past week has been a whirlwind (in a good way); a whole lot of loved ones are checked off my Christmas shopping list, including my husband.  I still have some odds and ends to take care of, but the bulk of shopping is complete and I'm not broke! Can I get a "woot woot"?! I spent some time in Columbus and showed Easton Town Center who's boss.  Armed with coupons for Coach, PetSmart, Crate & Barrel, Banana Republic, and Bed, Bath, & Beyond (thanks Lindsey!) I found several high quality gifts at drop-dead awesome prices for my lucky recipients. I love a successful shopping trip! 


Just because you blog doesn't mean you're a creepy voyeur. I know this for a fact, because I took advantage of my short time in Columbus to meet up with some fellow blogger gals for dinner at the Cheesecake Factory! They weren't weirdos, and I didn't feel like I was in danger for one second.  We've spent months reading about each others' lives, so it was only right to make an effort to get together.  Nine showed up for the gathering, and our time was filled with great food and conversation about nearly everything - from personal stories to blogging techie-type stuff, we got to know each other even better! I made sure to set near the middle so I could chat with each girl during dinner.  In the end, it was clear that we're all 20-something women  with a wild creative streak and a cheesecake craving, trying to make a living, reach goals, and blog about it all.  In the end, we were so much alike.  In the end... spending time blogging is perfectly O.K.  I've sometimes questioned whether I should spend so much time and put so much effort into my blog, but after solidifying friendships with 8 other ladies from central Ohio, it became obvious that blogging is much more than writing; it's fun, fulfilling, and there are terrific, interesting writers that are great to know and develop relationships with! Until next time, girls!

Enjoying dinner (it flew by!)

From L-R: Lindsey, Shannon, Molly, Me, Brittany, Lindsay
(in Front) Holly, Jenny, and Emily 



Without revealing too many details, I can say that my husband is well on his way to obtaining a position as an assistant professor somewhere.  The "interview season" officially kicked off with some fun air travel complete with lake effect snow and delays out the woo-zah earlier this week. Interview Season is kind of like the NFL Scouting Combine - you go and show 'em what you've got. And hope and pray that someone likes you and wants to pay you to move there, work, and make 'em look good.  And win a SuperBowl Trophy... oh wait, no - not quite like that, but you get the picture.  In other words, IT'S ON NOW.  Am I anxious?  You betcha! I'm also fearless and totally ready to move on up to the next thing, to the next place.


Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the Winter Wonderland sign I hand-painted earlier this month! Tomorrow is the last day. I'll randomly select the winner on Sunday, so be watching for an email from me!

This could be yours! Click here to enter!


 Have a great weekend!
  
post signature

16 comments:

Rebekah said...

How fun! A blogger meet up would be so fun to do.

I'm glad to hear things are going well with the husband!

Rachel (Diary of a Recovering Chocoholic) said...

First off, that sign is awesome!

A blogger met up sounds like so much fun.

And I hope things work out well for your husband.

Happy Holidays!!

Ms. Emmy N said...

Congrats on the shopping success! I must say I am super jealous, as I have barely even began :/

And you all look like you just had a blast at the meet up, I was so sad to have missed it, but am really looking forward to making it next time!!!

Good luck to your husband! Can't wait to hear when he wins the 'trophy'!!! :)

Lindsey said...

you are more than welcome for the coupons! i just wish i had more for you! next time - i will gladly come prepared with many more!

i continue to keep my fingers crossed and keep thinking about your hubby! you will have to let me know as soon as you hear something!!

and thanks for the reminder about the give-a-way - i need to sign up today!

Brittany said...

I am so happy to finally be reading your blog and to meet you! I had such a blast and can't wait to do it again!!

Wishing you and your hubs all the best!

Legally Lovely said...

The blogger get-together looks like fun! Glad you had a great time (and a successful shopping trip!)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your hubby in hope that he lands an awesome job!

Heather said...

A blogger meet-up would be so fun! I wish more bloggers lived around my area!

nomo wino daph said...

OMGosh.....jealous!!!! Y'all come see me:)

Hope your weekend is great chick!!!

xxoo

Amber said...

Oh I'm so jealous. I'd LOVE to attend a blogger meet up.

Good luck to your husband. Can't wait to hear where your final destination will be. :)

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Yay for all of it!! That's awesome that you got to meet up with some other bloggers!

I can't wait to hear where you guys will end up!

love jenny xoxo said...

I'm jealous you are done with your shopping, I'm snowed in and the stores closed because it's that bad here. Good luck to your hubby!!!

XOXO

Amanda said...

Sorry about missing dinner....last week was insane for me and I was so overwhelmed!

Glad to hear you had a good time and the shopping was great - I was just at Easton today!

Kerri said...

Hey, I've been to the Easton Mall!
That's really cool that you were able to get together with other bloggers...I would have been a little nervous!
Can't wait to hear where you and your hubby will be living!

Faith said...

that looks like such a fun time! i want to meet other bloggers too! one day, one day!

Nikki said...

I am bummed I had to miss the meet up. Darn stomach bug. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Quay Po Cooks said...

Good choice of the cards. It give one a sense of peace. lovely!