Friday, December 3, 2010

Ding-a-ling-along-ding-dong-Ding!


Count Down w/us!
 Day 5 of the "25 Days of Christmas" is one of the main reasons I decided to participate.  I really...dearly... freakishly... LOVE Christmas music! Two months ago, while everyone else was doin' the Monster Mash, I was ready to listen to my jingly-jolly favorites, but figured someone would check me in to the Athens Lunatic Asylum if I tried.  Thankfully, it's December - and I can listen to as many *ho**ho**ho*s and *ding* *dong* *dings* as I please!


To get my Christmas music fix, I tune in to 93.3 WLZT-Columbus the entire length of every single workday.  Their playlist is extremely long with tons of variety, the DJs have vibrant personalities, and they give away tons of prizes throughout the holiday season.  (Last year, I won tickets to see Mariah Carey!)


As for favorite songs, "Sleigh Ride" by the Ronettes is THE one. It must be the Ronettes version. Must. Fast-paced, retro, and fun, it makes me want to go frolic in the snow! I have it set as my ring tone, and lucky for you, I found a less-than-decent video with decent sound quality on Youtube. Please, listen. And feel free to get up, dance around, and smile - it's a totally normal response to this super happy holiday tune!



The following songs round out my top 10 Christmas tunes list:
2. Wham! - Last Christmas
3. Carpenters - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
4. Vince Guarauldi - Christmastime is Here (aka Charlie Brown Christmas) 
5. Burl Ives - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
6. Bruce Springsteen - Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
7. Elvis Presley - Here Comes Santa Claus
8. Michael Buble - Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow
9. Jackson 5 - Santa Claus is Comin' to Town
10. Carrie Underwood - Do You Hear What I Hear?

Mariah Carey's version of "Christmastime is Here" - ya know - the Charlie Brown tune - is absolutely amazing, and can be purchased on itunes from her newest album, "Merry Christmas II You".

I'm going to sign off with a fantastic video of my family singing a classic tune originally released by the Dixie Cups in 1964 and later recorded by the Ronettes. Enjoy my fam's version of "Chapel of Love", performed last week on Thanksgiving Day!




post signature

9 comments:

star said...

You guys sound great! Thanks for sharing! I love Sleigh Ride, it's such a fun song! I love yout list, it seems I forgot to add lots of my faves to my own list. There is just so many amazing Christmas songs! I listen to Christmas music on my Ipod all through the year, and no one really knows, unless they catch me sisning along! Have a fab day and thanks for playing!

Angie said...

This post is so "me too"! I love Christmas music and was actually excited to hear it on the radio the day after Halloween (but I wouldn't dare tell anyone). And that list is pretty much right on with my favorites too. My excuse now though, is that I have a daughter who was born last year on Christmas Eve ... so I'm just getting her used to "birthday music" :)

Rachel said...

Love love looooove this list! Those are alot of my favorites, too! Christmas music makes me SO happy. Hope you're having a fabulous Friday, dear!

Faith said...

i pretty much LOVE all the songs you chose! LOVE them! ahhh, Christmas gets me so excited!!! :)

Rebekah said...

I love everything you chose! They are all great. It makes me so excited for Christmas!

Jessica said...

I love Christmas songs. I've been searching for the perfect cd to buy but it looks like I'm going to have to spend some time this weekend downloading my favorites. I love all of your picks.

I hope you can jump over to our blog and check out our little giveaway we are having. ☺

Diana said...

I LOVE the video of your family singing Steph! Their voices were great harmonizing and the "table-slappin" hands keeping beat on the table were familiar. This reminded me of times my family all got together and sang too. Me, my mom and 2 sisters all sang together in church for years when I was young. Thanks for bringing back some of my own family memories! Now I want to try to plan some family singing at Christmas. :)

Great Christmas music list too, btw. :)

nomo wino daph said...

HAHA...I knew I loved you. I am driving this family up the flippin wall with all this cmas music:) Come visit and let's rock out sista!!

xxoo

Legally Lovely said...

All great songs!

(Although, as much as I love Elvis, I really can't stand his versions of Christmas songs. My mom has an ENTIRE CD with all of his music, and it about drives me crazy!)

Did you winterize your blog? So cute!