Monday, November 8, 2010

My Birthday was bangin'! (That's what she said)

Before I get into the weekend wrap-up, I have to say "THANK YOU!"to everyone who left all of those super sweet birthday wishes for me over the weekend! Thanks for swinging by and checking out my 27 favorite blogs; I hope you visited them and found some new reads that you'll be following regularly! 

I'm now going to answer the #1 question, "What did you do for your birthday?"

Thursday evening (my B-day Eve), my husband and I went to our very last Ohio Bobcat home football game - it was the last home game of the season, and our last visit to Peden Stadium. I was a little bit emotional... the Bobcats played a fantastic game and won, I watched the Marching 110 perform their amazing field show for the last time, and found myself reflecting on football seasons past. It was a cold, cozy game full of excitement for the present and anticipation for the future; when I let myself wonder "what stadium will I be sitting in next year?", I got a little teary-eyed. I grew to love Ohio, and for that I'm so thankful - it's been a great place to be. I am, however, ready for the next place (more on my husband's job market adventure in a later post.)


Friday was totally bananas-awesome-Birthday-riffic! My morning started off with ultra-caffeinated gifts from co-workers: 2 large bags of m&ms (one dark chocolate, one milk chocolate), and a Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks, which happened to be my very first one ever.  I'm in L-U-V.  I was bouncing off the walls the entire day, and by the end I was completely exhausted, but the coffee & m&ms were a fun birthday experience.  I don't think my body can ever take that again!

My husband and I had dinner out at a local Italian restaurant, Abrios Brick Oven.  I also spent a Bath & Body Works gift card (gift from my mother-in law!) and bought a ridiculous amount of 3-wick candles, hand soaps, and wallflowers. The bag was ridiculously heavy.  My hubs ended the day by giving me the exact things I wished for - a DQ Ice Cream Cake, an Ohio Bobcat Snuggie, and The Office Seasons 5 & 6 on DVD! Yeah, no mushy birthday gifts for me - I like what I like and want what I want.  What I wanted  was an Office marathon for my birthday, and that's exactly what I got - only it lasted most of the weekend! I eventually took a break from Dwight Shrute to go on a little shopping spree on Saturday, courtesy of my in-laws who spoiled me with American Eagle and Victoria's Secret gift cards (I totally still think American Eagle jeans are the bomb! If you disagree, then, like, WHATEVER!) 


Birthday in Photos:
Sunday was the first of many days that I spend transforming our apartment into Christmas Central.  The final step is my magnificently magic mega sparkly and fun Christmas tree, but I like to spend a few days building the anticipation for my favorite holiday tradition. The tree will go up on Thursday, and you can be sure that I will blog the entire experience! I spent Sunday sorting through Christmas decor and got things in order; I even put out a few little odds and ends to get started.  
My decor is a collection of various odds and ends that family and friends have bought me over the years. Some things are kid-friendly, some pieces are primitive, some old-fashioned, some modern.  I always use nearly everything, just to make things seem "fuller" and more festive. My favorite pieces are glittery/snowman/candy related.  The more glitter, the more sparkle, the more color, the more I love it. Obviously, my favorite decorations that are actually put out as of now are the yummy candy jars - i could never get sick of staring at red and green m&ms or York Peppermint Patties!

I'm hoping I can stand the wait until Thursday... I'm excited to share my tree with everyone!  Each step tells a story - the colors of the lights, the beaded garland, the tree topper, and the ornaments have meaning. Or, I'm completely Christmas-crazy. 

Yep, Christmas crazy.

If anyone else is planning to put their tree up soon, please, BLOG it! (With lots of photos!)  I want to hear all about your tree, your traditions, and your favorite ornaments.

Have a wonderful Monday!

post signature

12 comments:

Brittany said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sounds like a fun bday weekend!

Rebekah said...

I immediately thought of The Office when I saw your title for this post. Ha, we love The Office!

What a fun birthday! That Starbucks drink is my husband's favorite, but I'll have to try it.

I love that you're ready for Christmas. I want to get everything out (which isn't that much yet) and I can't wait.

Hope you're having a great day!

Kerri said...

Wow..sounds like your birthday was an all weekend celebration! Sounds wonderful! Looking forward to seeing your Christmas tree! I love your Christmas spirit...well actually it's not just at Christmas...you have a wonderful all around spirit about you!

Jeska said...

Glad you had a good birthday weekend! I love The Office! And I'm jealous you have out Christmas stuff already!!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

It looks like you had a wonderful Birthday!!! When you put up your tree, you'll need to blog about it as well!!

Amber said...

Yay for a bangin' birthday!! SOunds like a great weekend---all of it---chocolate and peppermint and Italian in paticular---YUMMM!! You Go Girl on getting Christmas decorations up already! Do you hire out? I feel like I will NEVER get them up unless I hire it out. HA! Your glasses are so cute too btw!

ty said...

Now I'm jonesin' for Starbucks. Thanks for nuffin'! :)

SOO glad you had a happy weekend!

Kelly said...

Awww, sounds like it was such a wonderful birthday for you :-) LOVE the photos!! I can't tell you happy I am to have found someone who is Christmas Crazy too :-) My husband is going hunting this weekend... and I MIGHT take out a few Christmas items and set them up around the house :-D

Heather said...

I'm SOOO glad you had a fabulous birthday!!! You are such a wonderful lady and you deserve the best on your birthday =).

I can't wait to see that tree!!!

Anna said...

Sounds and looks like an amazing birthday! Happy belated birthday!! Can't wait to see your tree!

Emily said...

That sounds like an awesome birthday to me! Thanks for mentioning me on your post and I hope you had a wonderful day. Oh, and I absolutely love your glasses by the way. Tres chic!

Faith said...

the hubby refuses to allow me to do any Christmas decor yet ... but i CAN'T wait!!! SO excited!

your birthday looks like such a great time!

p.s. i am such a huge fan of peppermint patties. i can eat a whole bag and still want more!