Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I'm Thankful for... (Day 2)

my furbaby.

He's warm, soft, big, and super lovable.  My sweet little orange tabby, Diego, has grown into a huge 30 pound sack of cat over the years, but has still maintained the little boy face with the sweet pink ears and nose - oh, and his Cindy Crawford-esque beauty mark!
His eyes are always so bright and lively, even when he's just woken from a long sleep.  He's pretty simple-minded as far as finicky feline needs are concerned - you know, food, soft bed, some water, and catnip toys to chew on. He can still play a mean game of "rat-receiver" (jumping in the air to catch toys we toss to him), and really loves this time of year because he totally digs laying on top of the gift wrapping paper I've carefully measured and cut. 
Diego can sense our moods/emotions better than most humans - seriously!  He knows when we're upset, and can distinguish between "mad" and "sad" (if I'm mad, he runs and hides, if I'm sad, he curls up near me and purrs.)  He can also sense happiness, and tries to butt in by mewing excitedly when my husband and I are chit-chatting and laughing. Silly cat... thinks he's human!
I'm a crazy cat lady, I admit it! I'm thankful for Diego, and although he doesn't do too much, he warms my heart and makes me smile - even when his litter box is a disaster (he's a large cat that can produce large-scale disasters, If ya know what I'm sayin'!)


Diego having a serious conversation with his humans. "When do the Ohio Bobcats play again? I wanna go!"
Do you have a pet that you're thankful for? 
Show him/her some love by giving an extra nuzzle today.
post signature

6 comments:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I still can't believe he's that heavy!! That's crazy! I'm guessing he's still camped out under the tree?

Jeska said...

Aww, he is SO big!! He's three times the size of my DOG lol ;) I love my furbaby, I'm so very thankful for her!

Jessica said...

Aww so sweet. He is adorable.

love jenny xoxo said...

So cute!! Is he seriously 30lbs?! Impressive! He's 3 times as big as my 2 dogs... put TOGETHER! LOL

Furbabies are the best :)

Have a great Thanksgiving!

XOXO

Faith said...

30 lbs?! really?! he makes my cat weight seem anorexic, hehe.

i love my fur baby too! i agree with everything you said. they def. do think they are humans and i love it!

Heather said...

Awww, how sweet is Diego?! I miss having a pet so much! They bring so much love into a house.