Friday, November 5, 2010
If you were physically here, eating birthday cake with me - well, that would be awesome, wouldn't it? I'm sorry I can't share my birthday cake with you - the best I can do is share my 27 favorite bloggers with you. I know it's not cake and ice cream n' stuff, but hey - I cannot hog all of these wonderful blogs to myself!
1. One of my two super favorite Southern belle bloggers, Julie @ Brown Eyed Bell posts gorgeousness every day. Her blog is a breath of fresh air and is perfect when I'm in the mood to see "pretty". Her photo tribute to Julia Roberts and Eat, Pray, Love is one of my all-time BEB favorites.
2. Just when I thought I was the only girl who cared about the Cincinnati Reds making it to the MLB playoffs this season, I read City Girl's take on the situation. She cared, alright... in a slightly different way. She had to purchase playoff tickets in Have You Seen my Baseball?
3. I feel like I owe my entire blog to college friend and fellow Marshall alumni Jennifer @ Crazy Shenanigans. She was my source of advice, and the one who said, "start blogging!" Thanks, JMO!
4. Miranda, another fellow Marshall girl, and West Virginian-turned Hawaiian shares her life @ Hangin' Loose with the Tucci's. Bonus points to Miranda for creating gorgeous blogger themes and templates!
5. My other favorite Southern belle blogger and super cute mom shares her adorable thoughts, ideas, and life experiences with a lil' bit of classy twang @ Flip Flops & Pearls.
6. I discovered something very pretty and dangerous... an Etsy shop that has become my favorite, hands-down! Learn about Leigh Ashley's Etsy shop, Barberry and Lace. Her blog is beautiful, too!
7. I opened my very first Scentsy warmer, Faith, and knew within seconds that I loved the quality. 10 minutes later, my apartment smelled like pumpkin roll heaven and I have Amanda to thank! She introduced me to the world of Scentsy, and blogs about her life as a student and Scentsy consultant @ Life According to Amanda.
8. I've been reading about Heather's life for a few months now, and I know without a doubt that she is totally awesome. How do I know that already, you ask? Well... she fed my Bath and Body Works addiction this week by sending me a bottle of self-foaming hand soap in Twisted Peppermint for my birthday! You should check out her blog, Life with Heather, but I can't guarantee that she'll send you goodies, too... 'cuz I'm SPECIAL!
9. I knew when I first started reading Amber's blog, Life on a Stick, that she was super intelligent, a hard worker, and a terrific mom - I love her, and her daughter is a total cutie pie!
10. Jenny from Jenny XOXO is a super sweet Minnesota Vikings loving gal. My favorite post of hers, and quite possibly one of my favorite posts out of all my favorite blogs to date has to be when she Photo Blogged the lyrics to Katy Perry's Teenage Dream this summer!
11. Never forget your house keys. Ty tells us why in her hilarious blog, Rants, Raves, Ridiculous! I'm totally stuck on this law student's take on daily life. You will be, too - I promise!
12. Brittany took me under her wing, introduced me to a bigger blogging world, and has been my blogging buddy since the beginning!
13. Lindsay @ Designer Wife is one of my other Marshall girls. She's a great foodie/healthy living blogger, and like me, she's an orange tabby "kitteh" lover, too!
14. Susie, one of my favorite bloggin' mommas and she is the brain behind the Blog Gang! Visit Motherhoot and become a blog-ganger with the rest of us cool kids, and be sure to read some of Susie's awesomely funny writing.
15. Ashley, my favorite Oklahom-ian blogger and a Carrie Underwood FAN-A-TIC, is nothing short of a sweetheart. Her blog post made me cry all over my keyboard one day... because she posted this music video. One of my favorite blog memories ever!
16. I've enjoyed Katie's blog ever since I started following her - she just loves her football! She made me laugh so hard when she shared photos of her Halloween Costume!
17. Rebekah's blog is a comforting, calming, and super sweet - I want more than anything to just hang out with her, enjoy some coffee, and maybe a slice of homemade pie - she's just that cozy!
18. I knew Aimee was going to be one of my favorite bloggers when I read this post way back in early summer, and discovered that she, too, was a sports fanatic!
19. I love Kerry. Just love her. And all of her FOOD. She blogs about rich and indulgent treats like this, which makes me wish she was my neighbor!
20. Faith. Oh, I love Faith! She's been married one year (tomorrow! Happy Anniversary!) and documents her newlywed adventures almost daily. She melts my heart with her gorgeous wedding photo flashbacks!
21. I just recently (and i mean, recently - like, a week ago) started visiting Kelley's Break Room, and Ohhhmygosh she is HILARIOUS. If you head there, for goodness sakes, PLEASE swallow what you're drinking before you read. Her writing is super entertaining and she is laugh out loud funny!
22.The Green Eyed Lady is a totally stylin' babe - and shares my love for the NFL! I always love when she leaves comments - they're always so meaningful!
23. Of course, we all love Mama Kat - her writing workshop has saved our blogging butts a time or two!
24. Just when I thought I was the only person dying to hear Christmas music this week, I find out that fellow Ohio Blogger and huge Buckeye fan, Lindsey @ Lovin' my Life, is dying to hear it as well! We're 70 miles apart, but listen to the same Columbus Radio station, 93.3 WLZT, and are SO excited that the station made its' official switchover to Christmas music - today, on my birthday!
25. I love my sports and I love my collegiate hoodies, but Sunny & Star's Blog reminds me that it's O.K. to be totally girly and totally feminine!
26. Another blogging gal that you can count on to bail you out when you have a case of writers block is Beth! Beth's Friday Fives are always a go-to fun time on Fridays! If nothing else, visit and "ooh n' ahh" over her brand new nephew!
and finally... #27. Number 27 is coming soon. "A Day in the Life of a Grad Student's wife" will soon become "A Day in the Life of a Professor's Wife", at http://www.aprofessorswife.com. I will launch my blog when my grad student husband makes the transition to Mr. Professor later this year - but I've already purchased the domain, I'm beginning the slow transition to Wordpress, and I cannot WAIT for you all to join me as I grow and adapt to a new phase in life!