Thursday, June 24, 2010

Theater Thursday!

I decided to join in on the Theater Thursday fun w/my fellow Marshall pal and blogging gal, Jennifer @ Crazy Shenanigans!
Her only rule is that movies must be out on DVD and not currently playing in theaters.

After careful consideration (because I'm crappy at movie reviews and this may be one of the few times i join in), the movie I chose is The Secret Lives of Dentists.

Released in 2003, the Secret Lives of Dentists stars Hope Davis (as Dana), Campbell Scott (as David), and Denis Leary (as Slater).  David and Dana are a husband/wife dentist team and manage their own practice.  They have three young daughters, and seem to be living the American Dream.  However, David's suspicions that Dana is having an affair begin to take hold of his mental state, and that is where Slater - a prickish patient of David's - takes over.  Slater becomes David's alter ego as David tries to figure out how to handle the situation with his wife. With three bratty but cute kids and the flu taking over David & Dana's household, things eventually come to a breaking point.  

I found this movie randomly, as I was flipping through movie channels during Spring break back in 2005. It is the perfect example of a Dramedy - I laugh throughout the movie, but part of me aches a little for the David/Dana/Dentist family. It's the perfect movie to enjoy on a lazy Summer afternoon when it's just too hot to go outside.  Check it out!

If you want to join in on the fun, blog about a movie, visit Crazy Shenanigans, and link up!




post signature

1 comment:

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I have never seen this movie!! I'll have to look for it. Glad you joined in!