Friday, September 24, 2010

Watch out for Rufus!

We made it! It's FRIDAY!

As I read blog posts early this a.m., I sensed a lot of excitement for the weekend - I hope you all have a great one!

As for me, here's what's up for the weekend. Yes, it involves that brown leather ball thing:
vs.

The Ohio University Bobcats will visit the Joan C. Edwards Stadium in Huntington, WV for the "Battle of the Bell" and 2009 Little Caesars Pizza Bowl rematch against the Marshall Thundering Herd!
My new home vs. my old home, my husband's current school vs. our alma mater, a team I've grown to love vs. a team and a school I'll love forever.
It's going to be one of those days when I look up at the sky and say "ain't God great!?!?!?", because the football heavens has blessed me with a football game that is a win-win situation. There will be no tears at this game - I get to kick back with my m&ms, my camera, and enjoy w/the fam! I can't explain how much I'm looking forward to this! 
I just need to make sure that I watch out for this guy:

RUFUS.

You know, the guy that did this last weekend:

Yikes. 

Run, Marco, RUN!!!

In addition to the football game (which on Saturday evening), I'm hoping to get some lunch at the Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe, grab some Cold Stone at Pullman Square, and hit up the Marshall bookstore.  I love weekends in Huntington with the fam! And my sister-in-law has a new yellow-tom kitty, Charlie, that I cannot wait to meet.  I'm a sucker for cats!

My husband is hanging out with scholarly folks on campus all day and evening, so when I'm finished with work, it's pretty much Stephanie/girl-time!  I need to take advantage, so I'm going to plan some blogs in advance, read some more of Sparks' Safe Haven (I'm trying to take my time with it! Sparks only comes but once a year!), and snuggle with my kitty.

Have a wonderful weekend! And if you have any recommendations as far as how I should spend my girl time, please - shoot 'em at me!  
post signature

6 comments:

Amber said...

LMAO!! That picture of Rufus beating up Brutus is classic!!
He's no match for Marco though ;) Our thundering herd mascot was named Thundar.

Your weekend looks AMAZING!! I can't wait to hear all about it :) Enjoy your girl time. Best way I spend that is a bubblebath and a glass of wine!
Have fun! :)

Unknown said...

Yay for football weekends.

Hmm girly time? I like to grab some healthy snacks (my favorite being hummus and pita chips) and snuggle up with a good book with either wedding shows, food network, or game show network on in the background. Oh and some wine. Thats a good night

Unknown said...

I don't like to admit it, but I love football! Enjoy the weekend.

Thanks for visiting during my SITS Day! Good to know I'm not the only one who remembers the cabbage patch!

Jessica said...

I'm a total sucker for cats as well. Hope you have an amazing weekend.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

I swear next home game we have to coordinate!!!

nomo wino daph said...

Sounds like a great weekend!!

Hope all went well.....
have a great Sunday sweetie-
xxoo