Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Save Lids to Save Lives

If you're a Yoplait Yogurt fan, make sure to pick up the containers with the hot pink lids now thru December!  The Yoplait Save Lids to Save Lives breast cancer awareness campaign is well underway, and you can read more about it here.  I eat yogurt with a granola bar as soon as I get home from the gym - it's a good, quick way to get my energy back up.  I've always eaten it on a regular basis because it's a great source of calcium, fights off the girly nasties a.k.a. yeast infections (you know what I'm talking about - and if you don't, you're lucky!), and also contains gut-regulating bacteria, which comes in handy when you're taking antibiotics.  


My M.I.L. was diagnosed with Breast Cancer one year ago.  Thankfully it was caught early and treatment went well, but having it hit close to home brings about a new perspective. When I hear about great campaigns such as this one, where anyone and everyone can get involved, I jump at the chance - something you do every day can help make a difference.  So bust out those yogurt containers, girls!
Just a side note - I always eat Yoplait Light, and my fave flavors are Key Lime Pie, Strawberry Shortcake, and Banana Creme Pie. YUM!  The pink lids are available on all types of Yoplait - so if you're a Thick & Creamy or Whipped Chocolate Mousse fan, you can still join in the cause!   


I was tagged by Dana the WedDing JunkiE to answer some questions.  She's just recently joined the blogosphere, so be sure to check out her lovely site and show her some love! I promise you'll love it - especially if you're a huge fan of all things wedding related, like me!


And now, the Q&A session:


1. What kind of hair(color/cut) have you always wanted but never had the nerve to do it?
The short, cropped cut with the long, sideswept bangs - like Rhianna post Chris Brown, or Pink.  Yeah, I'll never be brave enough... but I love it!

2. If you haven't been/or could do it over, where would/did you go on your honeymoon?

I would love to relive my honeymoon in Vegas! There was so much life and excitement there - I loved every second of it.  My husband and I are planning to go back for our 10 year anniversary, because so much has changed since we were there in '06!

3. What is your dream car?

I have no clue.  I'm modest when it comes to cars.  Something easy to park, classy, good on gas mileage, and preferably something that will never ever have mechanical issues. ha ha.

4. If you would move anywhere in the world where would you go?

This is a toughie, as I've mentally "readied" myself to adapt to any college city/town, depending on where my hubs gets to profess next year.  I'd be most happy in a mid-sized city! I want to live in the center of it all, too.

5. What famous lady would you love to be or be bff with?

Ellen Degeneres! I love her free spirit and sense of humor!  She eats super healthy, so maybe that would rub off on me.
 
6. What colors did you do or do you want to do for your wedding?

I chose Black & White as my wedding color combo.  It was so hard to decide, because I love just about every color in the rainbow.  I gave pink & green, and yellow & red serious consideration, but couldn't make a decision so i went simple, classy, and elegant with the B&W. My favorite wedding color trends right now are the muted greens and lavenders together, or the bright turquoise with orange!  Love those!

7. What trashy reality show are you embarrassingly addicted to?

I can't resist Be Good Johnny Weir on the Sundance Channel.  He's one of my favorite male figure skaters, and his reality show is so addictive - he's such a glamour-puss, he's fun, sassy, and such a crazy little guy! I would love to hang around him for a day. Of course, he'd probably have me wearing a feather boa and pointy little Russian style leprechaun shoes.

8. Do you you remember your first kiss? How old were you and how awkward was it?

Apparently it was such a horrible experience that I forced it out of my mind!  I do not remember a thing about it! 


Thanks for tagging me in the Questions, Dana!
And don't forget, readers - eat your yogurt and save your lids!


   post signature

5 comments:

Brittany said...

Loved the questions and the answers! I am in love with Ellen I wish she was my bff! I dont think I would stop laughing... EVER!

Heather said...

I have seriously got to try Yogurt, because I don't know if I like it or not...how weird?!

Amber said...

Mmmm the strawberry shortcake Yoplait is the best! I'm glad to hear your MIL caught things early. I just found out today my supervisor was recently diagnosed with breast cancer too. Ugh.

I gave you an award on my blog! One that you do not have yet, even! Yay!
http://www.thestrobel3.blogspot.com

Go check it out :)

Dana the indecisive dreamer... said...

I have a Leslie Crush on Ellen, she has the best personality! I love all your answers, thanks for posting.

Most first kisses were forced to be forgotten, usually that's a good thing haha.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

If I get any of these, I'll definitely have to save them!