Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The LIST

My husband has combed the first wave of Fall 2011 academic job openings carefully, and together we have narrowed them down to form "The LIST".  Without disclosing super-secret squirrel information, I can reveal that in less than one year I will likely be living in the Midwest, the deep south, the northeast, the Atlantic coast, the northwest, a large city, a small college town, a snowy climate, a rainy climate, a humid climate, or a dry climate. Seriously, I really don't know. "We've narrowed it down to America!", my husband exclaimed last night. I totally laughed out loud!

Trailmodel Rain Coat
(me likey!)
     What will my outerwear needs be in the middle of February? Will it be a light layer of L.L. Bean Trailmodel Fleece? or Trail Model Rain wear? (or both?) The Stormchaser 3-in-1 Jacket, or a Goose-Down Bubble Coat?  Maybe a Casco Bay Windbreaker will do the job (I'm obviously asking for some new L.L. Bean - anyone want to help me out here?)     
    My super scholarly man of a husband, God love him, is submitting over 20 job applications via online or snail mail during the next two months.  Surprisingly, I'm managing to hold it together.  I'm loving every single college and university on "The LIST".  I've spent the past five years of his educational journey preparing for this phase - all I can say is BRING. IT. ON. My L.L. Bean outerwear and I will adjust accordingly!

post signature

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like you've got a good plan! I'd love to get out of Ohio someday but I think it will be a while before that happens!

Rachel said...

Maybe you'll move to Florida & then you wont need any outerwear! :-)

nomo wino daph said...

LOL....well, at least you know what part of the world, right? HA!!

I will say a special prayer for you sweetie!
xxoo

Kerri said...

How exciting! You have such a positive outlook....I bet your husband just loves that about you!

Katie said...

hahaha I love it that you narrowed it down to the entire US. That made me laugh at work!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Hi, I am a new follower from Tuesday Tag Along. Hope you can drop by and follow any of my sites below, thanks!.
Etcerera Etcetera
Spice Up Your Life
Nostalgic Marveling
Obstacles & Glories

Lindsey said...

you are a saint for saying bring.it.on - i am definitely not that flexible - i need to know the plan going into it... i can't wait to see where you all end up! good luck with the anticipation!

Brittany said...

:))) any of those applications coming to minnesota?

Amber said...

I second Brittany's question!
GOOOOOOD LUCK!! I can't wait to hear the location! (I bet you can't either!)

Anonymous said...

I agree, how exciting! It must be fun to dream about living in different places.

Thanks for stopping by on my SITS Day!

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

You tease! I thought you were actually gonna throw out some city names! I can't wait to hear! lol

Grimmgirl said...

Good luck to you both -- I'm so glad those job search days are behind me. I do not do well in interviews at all, and my second year on the market I was 30 weeks pregnant, entering the room belly first! I don't recall your ever mentioning what field your husband is in. My PhD from Athens was in English.